There have been some times when we go for deleting some of the other files, Photos, Videos, Images, Folder and whatnot from our devices but at last, accidentally end up deleting some of the most important and valuable stuff that we didn’t intend to delete.
We mainly delete the stuff that we did not want to have from now onwards or because there is not sufficient memory left in our devices to have all kinds of stuff stored that can be useful or non-useful or when our devices start to run slowly, hang in between or heat up early.
I personally have come across this problem many times where I lost and deleted my important files by mistake when I went to clean and clear my device memory so that it can have some empty space/memory which in turn can help my device to run at a smooth pace.
In this article, we will mainly focus on the important files that have been deleted accidentally. When you delete the files using the windows keyword shortcut(SHIFT + DELETE), the files are deleted completely, and hence the possibility of recovering these files from Recycle Bin is also not possible
Here we will be looking for some of the ways so that we can recover and restore our files that have been deleted permanently from the system.
Ways to Restore or Recover Deleted files
Method 1: Restore your Deleted files using CMD
- Open the Start Menu in your System.
- Type “cmd”, when you find it “right-click” on the top match.
- Select the option “Run as administrator”
- When the CMD window pop up, type “chhdsk X: /f” and press Enter.
- Replace the “X” character with the letter or drive-name of your hard drive.
- Now type “ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D X:*.*” and press Enter again.
- Again do not forget to replace the “X” character with the letter name of your hard drive.
The recovery of the deleted file mat takes some time to finish, so be patient and do not interrupt the running process.
Method 2: Restore your Deleted files using Older Backup
- Open the Start Menu in your System.
- Search for the “Backup” keyword
- Select the “Go to Backup and Restore” option under “Looking for an Older Backup?”
- Click on the “select another backup to restore files from” option and choose your backup.
- Click “Next” and follow the next set of instructions as pop on the process window
The process again will take some amount of time to restore the deleted files from an older system or the Backup folder.
Method 3: Restore your Deleted files using Third-Party Application
- Download and Install “Disk Drill” in the same way you install other windows applications.
- Launch Disk Drill and click the “Search for lost data” button next to the hard drive from which you want to recover and restore the permanently deleted files from the system.
- From the list of all results, select which files you want to restore
- Check box all those files, folders you want to recover and click on “Recover”
- This will begin the recovery process for all the selected permanently deleted files.
The process again will take some amount of time to restore the deleted files from a third-party application.
Additional Option to Restore Your Deleted Files
Another option that you can try is Google Drive and Google Photos. But this option completely depends on your luck. If you have previously uploaded the files, folder, or images on Google Drive or Google Photos then if you have deleted the files from your local system, then on this platform you can get the files which you are looking for.
Also, if the files are not visible or available on Google Drive and Google Photos, Because there may also be chances that you might have deleted your files from these platforms, so those files can be found under the trash folder of these platforms.
What all you have to do is — On a computer, go to drive.google.com/drive/trash. Right-click the file you’d like to recover. Click Restore.
We hope that either of the methods can help you restore your permanently deleted files from your local system. All of the above-mentioned methods have been tried and it totally provides you with the lost or deleted data from the system.
Thanks, from my side, this is Mayank, keep learning and exploring!!